I've been expecting you.

15 Dec 2015

So, 2015.

2015 has been both the greatest and the worst year in a while.

Great because I travelled a lot, met amazing people, hit the gym, got engaged, started working in one of the best schools in Delhi, earned more and saved up a bit as well... whew.
Worst because I got abused on the travels, my dog died, I met some douche bags in the general pool of amazing people, got burnt out due to stress as my engagement fell apart because of loyalty issues that was unfortunately my fault and am broke again as the year comes to an end.

People don't believe in astrology, but the year 2015 adds up to number 8 which is governed by Saturn.
Now Saturn is a difficult task master. He gives you a roller coaster ride where you experience thrills but throw up as you gingerly get off the ride,

But after my numerous interactions with countless people in the last 12 months, I have learnt that:

1. I still have myself.
2.I have added another eventful chapter to my life, with amazing stories to tell.
3. I have survived depression again.
4. My closest friends are the ones who know I am flawed but love me anyway.
5. My mother is still my best critic and guide.
6. I learnt things the hard way, without a safety net, map or harness.
7. The only way out of most of the situations was through.
8. I didn't lose my sense of humour.
9. I accepted my mistakes and genuinely tried to rectify them.
10. I realised when it was time to move on.
11. I was selfish.
12. I was selfless.
13.I underwent the joys of falling in love all over again. And losing it- but not giving up Hope.
14. I underwent the grief of bereavement for the loss of loved ones.
15. I survived another year.

I want to thank all those who have made this year memorable.
Believe me when I say this- I owe you my growth and wisdom.
Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 2 consecutive years I've seen 3 of my friends passing through the tunnel of depression. I've never been inside there and thus don't know what's it like but felt very fortunate to have extended a hand to those friends, for being a constant listener to them. Talking to them from the end of the tunnel while they were struggling to reach the end without any light but just my voice among those hundreds of other noises in their brain.
    I have heard them screaming, asking for help but then withdrawing themselves from everyone. One thing that I've learnt from all of this is that nothing can prepare you for it. I'm glad you had your friends and family too by your side.
    Writing is really a beautiful way of venting out negative thoughts and transforming them into something magical, just like the way a phoenix emerges out of its own ashes. I've read just one or two of your blogs, which inspired me to write too, but I gave up looking at the end result :P (yeah it was that terrible, plus my grammar kills everything lol).
    But now I am willing to read more and write punctually, so hey look what you did you inspired a lazy ass. :D
    I wish you find beautiful colours and shades of life every coming year and fill light in others' lives with your patronus.
    (i realised I commented from an ID last time that I don't use)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering who the kind soul was. Thank you Imam. Much love. T

    ReplyDelete